We are currently accepting exhibition proposals for our 2019 program. We are seeking proposals for solo and group shows, emerging and also experienced artists. Artists, curators and collectives working in any media are welcome to apply.
Please note; THE APPLICATION PROCESS AS OUTLINED IS A GUIDE. IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS YOU CAN SIMPLY EMAIL WHAT YOU THINK IS RELEVANT AND SEND IT TO firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants may discuss challenging installs or ambitious projects with gallery staff prior to submission, as technical assistance can be provided.
Artist’s are not required to gallery-sit during their exhibition but if they would like to sit the gallery and have the show open on another day they may discuss this with TooT Artspace. A key can be given to the artist by request for them to open by appointment for their visitors at other times than open hours.
Artists have the oppurtunity to feature their artwork in the front shop and window which has excellent street exposure.
TooT Artspace take 30% commission on sales.
Costs for 2 week exhibition:
- Main Gallery $450 ($500 for 2 artists or $550 for groups of 3+)
- Video nook (Toot mini space) Free
- Shop and window space Free
- Events and one night exhibitions $50 per hour / or please email us to discuss your event or exhibition at email@example.com
TooT Artspace can arrange for printed invitations to be designed and printed for the artists collection for an additional $200.
The proposal should include:
- Name, address and contact details
- Preferred date/s for the exhibition
- The title of the exhibition
- A brief outline of the ideas and concepts behind your work
- A brief description/ exhibition plan (include scale, number of works, and any special requirements technical or otherwise)
- Up to 10 images emailed as jpegs.
Artist’s responsible for:
- Arranging delivery/transportation of work to and from gallery
- Installation and de-installation of exhibition (except in the case of an interstate or international artist)
- Any appropriate insurance cover
- Providing images (jogs) and exhibition information (such as a title) for Press, approx 3 weeks prior to their exhibition
Exhibition cost covers:
- Exhibition invitation (email) distributed to gallery email list
- Gallery staff for duration of exhibition
- Opening night bar staff, glasses and drinks
- Assistance with lighting
- Advice on request with curation and installation of exhibition
- Exhibition listing on gallery website
- Utilities expenses
- Public liability insurance
- Exhibition event listing on social media platforms
- We require a 50% deposit to be paid on acceptance of proposal. The booking is confirmed on receipt of this deposit. The remainder is to be paid prior to installation.
- We require a months notice in the case of cancellation of an exhibiition
- To inform us if any of the work has been exhibited previously in any local galleries
- To inform us if you are represented by another gallery or agent
- All works should be finished (i.e no wet paintings) and genuinely created by the exhibiting artist
- TooT Artspace accepts no responsibility for theft of art works or damage caused by Fire, Flood, storm or accident (utmost care will be undertaken by the gallery staff to protect all art works at all time
Email your proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org
Zinemakers- We are would love to see your zines and have them in the shop - bring them in anytime!